Our client, a provider of corporate, fund and private client services across multiple jurisdictions, is looking for a Business Development Director to join their Alternative Investment fund administration services business.
- Win new client relationships for the business.
- Develop a strong pipeline of profitable opportunities that align to their target client market sets (Private Equity, Real Estate, etc.).
- Foster a culture of growth to ensure new business grows in line with expectations.
- Be respected and seen as a strong market influencer in such markets.
- Maintain strong profile for the business in its chosen markets.
- Engage with other divisional counterparties to identify and follow up on cross selling opportunities in order to meet cross divisional sales targets.
- Create strong relationships with business heads, managing directors, peers and colleagues to ensure effective visibility and increased workability to deliver the jurisdiction and BD business plan.
- Assess market developments and competitive positioning in terms of products and services.
- Create various pitch documentation.
- Researching new Investment Managers, particularly start-ups, to identify new leads.
- Contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings.
- Planning and overseeing new business initiatives.
- Attending and participating in conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Contacting clients to inform them about new developments in the company’s products.
- Developing quotes and proposals.
- Negotiating and renegotiating by phone, email, and in person.
- Developing sales goals for the team and ensuring they are met.
- Training personnel and helping team members develop their skills.
You will possess the following key characteristics:
- Ideally a minimum of 5 – 10 years experience in fund administration/relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of the alternative investment fund sector, specifically private equity, venture capital, real estate, debt, and infrastructure funds.
- A solid track record of business development in fund administration as well as a strong network in the alternative investment fund space.
- Established relationships across fund managers.
- High market profile in the AIF community including law firms, accountants, advisers etc.
|Salary||Negotiable upon experience|