Our client, a provider of shareholder, treasury management, fund and corporate administration services and related products, is looking for a Deputy Head of Compliance to join their Compliance team.
- Undertaking regular appraisals for subordinate staff including assessing and agreeing training requirements.
- Ensuring that all staff under his/her control operate efficiently and effectively.
- Providing support and direction to all businesses in area of responsibility and other members of the Compliance team, as required.
- Demonstrate the ability to create, monitor and maintain effective communication links with the business and external relationships.
- Meet / exceed the business’ expectations, build strong and lasting relationships, through demonstration of competence, efficiency and knowledge.
- Demonstrate understanding of the business’ needs and issues.
- Actively encourage maintenance of high service standards and monitor output to ensure consistent quality.
- Ensuring that local operating processes are properly mapped to the JFSC’s (and any other) applicable rules and regulations.
- Ensuring that appropriate risk-based compliance monitoring plans are initiated and delivered on a timely basis.
- Ensuring all applicable policy is implemented and embedded within the business.
You will possess the following key characteristics:
- Strong academic background and an industry relevant professional qualification(s) preferable.
- Experienced in the Compliance aspects of TCB and FSB business.
- More than five years relevant experience in Compliance.
- Sound working knowledge of financial services legislation together with relevant guidance notes and Codes of Practice.
- Sound working knowledge and application of relevant AML/CFT legislation and the AML/CFT Handbook
- Sound knowledge of statutory requirements.
- Able to demonstrate ability in providing solutions to a range of Compliance issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytic, and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to be discreet.
- Project management skills.
- Commercial and fiduciary risk awareness.
|Salary||Negotiable upon experience|