Our client, a leading law firm, is looking for a Deputy Head of Risk & Compliance to join their Jersey Compliance team.
- Deputise and provide support for the Head of Risk and Compliance, Jersey in all matters as required.
- Provision of a robust and consistent advisory service across the business in relation to Risk and Compliance matters as they arise with reference to relevant external legislation, regulation and policy as required.
- Support the ongoing implementation of the Compliance Monitoring Programme to ensure it remains risk focused and relevant.
- Support the Compliance Monitoring Manager in the completion of remediation projects resulting from the CMP as required.
- Provide a monitoring and oversight function for the registers and control sheets maintained by the Risk & Compliance team.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and training to the Risk & Compliance team as required.
- Identify breaches and recommend changes to systems and controls, policies and procedures to ensure compliance is achieved and maintained and risks mitigated.
- Support the completion of governance reviews of the statutory files of the Affiliation Leader and the participating members ensuring their timely and accurate completion.
- Support the annual external audit and liaise with the auditors as necessary.
- Assisting with ensuring that any resulting action arising from audits are completed within agreed timescale.
- Action risk and compliance tasks as set by the Head of Risk & Compliance within the required timeframe.
- Assist with the preparation of relevant Board and committee papers.
You will possess the following key characteristics:
- Experience in a senior risk, compliance and anti-money laundering role.
- Experience in acting as, or supporting, Key Person roles.
- Experience in people management responsibility, skills and experience.
- Good understanding of the legislative and regulatory requirements including the JFSC TCB Codes of Practice and JFSC AML Handbooks.
- Experience dealing with the JFSC and other external bodies with the knowledge to anticipate what is required to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications, particularly excel.
- Has a commercial outlook with an innovative approach to work.
- Ability to engender and promote a positive compliance culture throughout the business.
- Good knowledge of trust company business/administration.
- Law firm experience preferred but not essential.
- Working towards or is qualified, ICA (International) Diploma in Compliance or equivalent.
- Holds International Advanced Certificate in Compliance and Financial Crime or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are crucial.
- Confidence to deal with and influence Senior Management and other employees and stakeholders across a variety of levels.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and to tight deadlines.
- Proven stakeholder management track record.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexible, helpful and “can do” attitude.
- Good analytical, organisational and methodical skills.
- Strong moral integrity and independence of mind.
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and work under pressure when required.
- Keen to learn and willingness to suggest ways to improve processes and the way w
|Salary||Negotiable upon experience|