Our client, a regulatory company, is looking for a Finance and Case Officer to join their small team and be responsible for the day to day management of financial accounts and will also support the organisations competition and regulatory case work.
- Financial Management:
- Preparing management accounts
- Preparing budgets
- Writing weekly, monthly and board reports
- Processing payments
- Providing mentoring to the Office Coordinator in relation to their bookkeeping responsibilities and Quickbooks
- Ensuring the organisation has a clear financial audit
- Case Work: Supporting the project team with cases, to include:
- Producing written reports
- Providing analysis of companies performance
- Providing analytical support for market studies
- Analysis of mergers and acquisitions
- Supporting the analysis of pricing disputes
- Collation of statistics
- Opportunities for training in competition and regulation will be provided to the successful applicant to support their development as Case Officer.
- Stakeholder Management:
- Contribute towards raising the profile of the organisation by, attending and presenting at seminars, undertaking necessary training and developing own contacts within Jersey organisations.
- Communicate effectively with high levels of direct stakeholder contact
You will possess the following key characteristics:
- Accountancy Qualification
- Sufficient industry experience in a management accounts role or similar, to allow minimal technical support in this area of the role
- A hands-on, can-do attitude.
- High-quality reasoning and analytical skills, including the ability to grasp both technical and non-technical concepts.
- The ability to work under own initiative as well as within and alongside the rest of the team.
- A high level of self-motivation and commitment.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral).
- The ability to balance competing priorities.
- The ability to take ownership of a varied workload and make considered decisions independently or escalating to the manager when appropriate.
- Ability to engage effectively with all relevant stakeholder groups.
- Proven research skills that demonstrate an ability to think analytically.
|Salary||Negotiable upon experience|