Our client, an investment management business, is looking for a Legal Counsel to join their highly respected team.
- Attending to all legal matters for the Jersey office. The role will involve assisting with the governance framework of the group and being appointing to the boards of a number of group companies.
- Attending to general corporate legal work for the Jersey office, and the wider group as necessary.
- Assessing and presenting matters for consideration to corporate group governance bodies and fund boards.
- Attending to legal matters relating to the company, including the establishment and maintenance of fund/investment vehicles, drafting and amending fund documentation, maintenance of fund dealing documentation, preparing fund board materials, attending fund board meetings, reviewing marketing and investor materials, providing advice in relation to the marketing of the group, assisting with investor queries and negotiating side letters, as required.
- Negotiating or renegotiating commercial contracts and NDAs, and assisting with any litigation work, as necessary.
- Advising on regulatory requirements affecting the group, and assisting in the preparation of regulatory filings.
- Attending to any other legal tasks that may arise from time to time.
You will possess the following key characteristics:
- 2 – 4 years PQE in a top tier practice of either a Jersey, UK or US firm with post qualified experience in a funds, corporate or regulatory practice group.
- PQ experience in a funds, corporate or regulatory practice group.
- Strong document management and drafting skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Enjoys working hard and multi-tasking.
- Self-motivated, proactive and willing to learn.
- Ability to perform well under pressure.
|Job Category||Investments, Legal|
|Salary||Negotiable upon experience|