Our client, a large independent trust and corporate services provider, is looking for a Senior Compliance Administrator to join their Legal and Compliance team.
• Organise own workload to ensure that compliance monitoring reviews are undertaken in accordance with the required timeframes, as set out in the Compliance Monitoring Programme (“CMP”); • Take ownership of allocated tests within the CMP;
• Liaise with the business where required following the results of the CMP test and document any queries raised and ensuring that employees are requested to respond to the monitoring queries in time to allow the Senior Manager to review;
• Be able to identify any perceived risks to the business highlighted by the CMP, and communicate these to the Senior Manager or Head of Compliance;
• Undertake ad-hoc/Themed Compliance Reviews;
• Assist with ad-hoc compliance matters including but not limited to regulatory matters as they arise;
• Assist with the monitoring of internal policies and procedures to identify whether they are being consistently and effectively adhered to;
• Assess and recommend amendments to internal systems and controls as well as policies and procedures to facilitate compliance with the regulatory framework; and
• Where appropriate, assist with instigating action to remedy any deficiencies in the compliance arrangements;
• Assist with the monitoring of compliance with legislation in Jersey relating to Money Laundering and financing of terrorism and the AML / CFT Codes of Practice issued under the Supervisory Bodies Law.
You will possess the following key characteristics:
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Self-motivated with an appetite to learn.
• Effective communication skills.
• Planning and organisational skills.
• Flexible, reliable, committed.
• Team player, efficient.
• Customer focused.
• General interest in the regulatory environment and current affairs.
• Previous experience of processing client due diligence in a regulated or supervised environment
• Previous experience of client screening and monitoring activities.
• Educated to at least ‘A’Level.
• Degree level qualification.
• Willingness to undertake a compliance qualification.
|Job Category||Administrator, Compliance|
|Salary||Negotiable upon experienceiable upon experience|