Our client, an offshore law firm, is looking for a Senior External Communications Manager, to join their team. This is a global role. The key purpose of this role is to collaborate in designing, and be responsible for implementing, an effective global external communications strategy which is aligned with the firm’s vision, values and strategy.
- Manage the creation and execution of external communications and ensure that messages are distributed within the firm.
- Collaborate with the CBCO to devise the firm’s external communications campaigns on a quarterly cycle and manage delivery against these.
- Develop effective relationships with target media to ensure positive coverage of firm news, comment and thought leadership, working with external PR agencies where appropriate.
- Work closely with senior members of the department for copywriting/proofreading all external communications. Ensure all communications comply with and re-enforce the brand proposition tone and voice and style guides.
- Work with the Business Development managers to plan and execute a communications calendar to promote the firm’s events and activity externally. Liaise with team members to coordinate the release of information across relevant channels.
- Devise and deliver a directories strategy working with the BD managers (or equivalent) in each jurisdiction to ensure the timely delivery of central communications themes, the latest advice and best practice and where necessary the delivery of referee and submission documents to the directories themselves. Manage effective relationships with directory editors on behalf of the firm. Where required, commission, review and analyse and produce action plans for in depth (eg Chambers Confidential) reports.
- Distribution and upload of content across channels, including the firm’s website and social media platforms.
- Maintain a record of media coverage and keep all those mentioned informed.
- Manage the firm’s advertising schedule for the year, working with the BD managers or equivalent to ensure jurisdiction brand or service line advertising is negotiated and delivered on time.
- Maintain a list of target and non-target media.
- Monitor and manage the external communications aspects of the firm-wide communications budget, reporting on a quarterly basis to the CBCO.
- With the CBCO, set KPIs and take responsibility for monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of communications, reporting on these and providing on-going recommendations.
- Work with the firm’s design agency resources to produce complementary designs for use across our external communications channels.
- Deliver relevant internal communications in a timely way to ensure campaigns and other information being issued externally, is communicated effectively to internal audiences as and when required. This includes use of the firm’s intranet site, MEMO.
- Deputise for the CBCO in her absence on external communications matters.
- Working collaboratively with the CRM Manager, assist in the development of our digital channels including the website and social media platforms.
- Manage relationships with the firm’s writing and PR agencies, as well as design agencies (in collaboration with colleagues working to deliver our digital channel strategy).
You will possess the following key characteristics:
- Strong academic qualifications education to degree level (ideally covering business or marketing related subjects) or hold the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) diploma or equivalent.
- Previous relevant experience in a communications role at manager level, ideally within the legal services profession.
- Must have a passion for marketing and PR/communications with a can do attitude.
- Have exceptional writing capabilities and proven ability to manage agency relationships.
- Strong stakeholder engagement with strong influencing and communications skills and the ability to tailor style to suit the audience.
- Ability to build strong relationships quickly with a wide range of people, with the confidence, credibility and gravitas to work with senior people from across the firm.
|Salary||Negotiable upon experience|