Our client, an international group of professional firms, specialising in financial and taxation advice, is looking for a Senior Manager – International Tax Reporting.
- Staff management and mentoring of one full-time employee and other shared staff resources.
- CRS and FATCA (‘AEOI’) classification of all new client entities (including Trusts, companies, foundations and limited partnerships).
- Periodic review of all client entity classifications to ensure that they are in line with local law and guidance.
- In conjunction with our Co Sec and Compliance functions, ensuring all reportable information on reportable account holders is captured and accurately processed.
- Ensuring in-house self-certifications of tax residence are fit for purpose.
- Undertaking periodic analysis to identify and remedy gaps in reportable information for the purposes of AEOI.
- Responsibility for ensuring annual AEOI reporting deadlines are met for all client entities.
- Work with the in-house IT function to ensure our systems are fit for the purposes of AEOI due diligence, entity classification and AEOI statutory and client reporting.
- Keeping abreast of changes in AEOI law and guidance and drafting plain English summaries of all relevant OECD and Jersey publications.
- Preparing explanatory notes for clients on technical areas of FATCA/CRS/Substance and presenting to client meetings as required.
- Ensuring the proper completion of W8/W9 tax forms and self-certifications on behalf of client entities at the request of banks and investment houses.
- Liaising with the international network to promote best practice and share knowledge.
- Liaison with the Jersey Tax Office’s AEOI team regarding reporting, registration and other technical issues.
- Reviewing all operational procedural checklists to ensure AEOI compliance.
- Providing in-house training and advice to client-facing staff on all aspects of the transparency agenda.
- Implementing the procedural, IT and reporting changes that will be necessary to properly comply with the new Economic Substance regulations in Jersey.
- Providing high level input to the business on other aspects of the transparency agenda (including BEPS) – and reviewing their likely impact on our operations.
You will possess the following key characteristics:
- Organised and flexible.
- Good knowledge of Taxation.
|Job Category||Direct Tax|
|Salary||Negotiable upon experience|