In Jersey, two new laws were implemented in May 2018 to comply with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (known as the GDPR), designed to protect natural persons with regards to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data:
The Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 and
The Data Protection Authority (Jersey) Law 2018
2.Who We Are
Data Controller: Maven Partners International Ltd
Website address: http://www.mavenpartners.net/
Registered address: 33 Hill Street, St. Helier Jersey, JE2 4UA
Data Protection Officer: Sarah Garrood
Data Protection Contact: [email protected]
3.What we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about candidates:
- Personal information including:
- Name, address and contact details
- Education and qualifications
- Employment and compensation history
- Sickness & absence record
- Residential status and Jersey employment/license status
- Other information from your CV
- Details you put into forms on our site or third-party sources at any time
- A record of any correspondence between us
- Details of enquiries you make through our site or third-party sites
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources you use
- Information about your computer (e.g. your IP address, browser, operating system, etc.) for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers
4.Purposes of processing
We will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal on the following basis:
For the delivery of best practice recruitment services
It is in our Legitimate Interest for Maven Partners International Ltd to collect data for the delivery of best practice recruitment services
You have the right to object to such data processing by contacting our Data Protection Officer
Sending your information to clients in order to assess your eligibility for jobs
Where Consent is received from interested parties.
Managing security of our company website, computer systems, platforms and applications
It is in our Legitimate Interest to protect our business computer systems, business premises and staff
Comply with legal, tax and regulatory obligations
Necessary for compliance with a Legal Obligation to which we are Subject
We will only collect personal data that is necessary for the purposes of meeting our obligations to candidates in assisting them to secure new employment or as we are required by law.
5.How we collect your data
- From third party sites such as Linked-In and other publicly open social media forums.
- From information you have provided to us either via our website, verbally, by email, telephone or other electronic means
- From you as an employer for whom we are providing services
- From cookies and tracking usage of our website
All Cookies used by and on our website are used in accordance with current English and EU Cookie Law.
A few of the cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the site and will last for longer.
All cookies used on our site are set by us.
Most computer and some mobile web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the site.
Our cookies will be used for:
Essential session management
- recognising when a user of the site has visited before allowing us to identify the number of unique users we receive to the site and make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- recognising if a visitor to the site is registered with us in any way;
- we may also log information from your computer including the existence of cookies, your IP address and information about your browser program in order to allow us to diagnose problems, administer and track your usage of our site.
- customising elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the site. Performance and measurement
- collecting statistical information about how our users use the site so that we can improve the site and learn which parts are most popular to users.
7.How we use what we collect
We use information about you to:
- Present site content effectively to you
- Provide information, opportunities and services that you request
- Carry out our contracts with you
- Tell you our charges
- Tell you about other opportunities or information that might interest you for the delivery of best practice recruitment services
- We will also pass on your details to relevant third parties if you have provided the relevant consent and we (or they) may contact you unless you ask us not to
In addition, if you don’t want us to use your personal data for any of the other reasons set out in this section in 5, you can let us know at any time by contacting us at [email protected], and we will delete your data from our systems. However, you acknowledge this will limit our ability to provide the best possible services to you.
In some cases, the collection of personal data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and we will be limited in the services we can provide you if you don’t provide your personal data in these cases.
8.Where we store your data
We may transfer your collected data to storage outside the European Economic Area (EEA) in order to perform our contract of services to you.
By giving us your personal data, you agree to this arrangement. We will do what we reasonably can to keep your data secure.
Whilst we cannot guarantee complete security of your data, we will endeavor that appropriate safeguards are in place, and you take the risk that any sending of that data turns out to be not secure despite our efforts.
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it. In any event, we will conduct a review every 36months to ascertain whether we need to keep your personal data. Your personal data will be deleted if we no longer need it. This is subject to the exception where data cannot be deleted for legal or regulatory reasons.
9.Disclosing your information
We are allowed to disclose your information in the following cases:
- For purposes where you expressely provided your consent
- If we want to sell our business, or our company, we can disclose it to the potential buyer
- We can disclose it to other businesses in our group
- We can disclose it if we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people’s property, safety or rights
- We can exchange information with others to protect against fraud or credit risks
We may contract with third parties to supply services to us. These may include data storage facilities, software solutions, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. These are the third parties that have access to your information:
Hi-Tech iSolutions LLP
ITS Software Systems Limited
The Mighty Fox
Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under GDPR and the law.
You can ask us not to use your data for marketing. You can do this by amending your preferences in the link in our emails, or by contacting us at any time at [email protected]
Under the GDPR, you have the right to:
- request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by us at no cost to you;
- request that your personal data be transferred to another person (data portability);
- be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- withdraw consent for those data processing activities based on consent
- restrict processing;
- to object to processing of your personal data; and
- complain to a supervisory authority.
Maven Partners International does not make any decisions based on purely automated means, however you also have rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling as set out in section 11 below.
Each data subject request to exercise the rights noted above will be reviewed against the requirements of the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 and in certain circumstances (e.g. restriction, erasure, objection, data portability) these rights may not be exercisable by the company. Full explanations will be given in such cases.
11.Links to other sites
Please note that our terms and conditions and our policies will not apply to other websites that you get to via a link from our site. We have no control over how your data is collected, stored or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
The Office of the Information Commissioner in Jersey, Channel Islands, is an independent statutory authority where you can make a complaint or learn more about data protection in Jersey. Their website is www.oicjersey.org and telephone number is 01534 716530.