Financial AccountantApply for this job
Our client has a new opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join their successful and entrepreneurial team. This is a newly created role within the company’s finance function. Reporting to the Head of Finance, the successful candidate will play an integral role in the ongoing development of the finance function to support the continued growth of the business.
This role has been created to drive high-quality accounting, control, processes and reporting. The role will be hands-on, taking ownership of all reporting and developing areas of commercial finance and, be responsible for implementing and maintaining good operating practices in the function. The candidate will have significant exposure to the senior leadership team with the role being largely autonomous.
In return our client offers a competitive package, a supportive working environment, and professional and personal development of all employees is encouraged.
Candidates must be entitled or entitled to work in Jersey to be considered for this role.
- Assist finance to update accounting software with daily transactions
- Create and update spreadsheets of daily transactions
- Assist in tracking and reconciling bank statements
- Process payments and reimbursements
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Process invoices and follow up with clients, suppliers and partners as needed
- Provide administrative support during budget, forecasting and ad hoc analysis
- Participate in preparation of management accounts, consolidated accounts, regulatory reporting and annual financial statements
- Participate in annual audits
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1-3 years PQE qualified accountant (from audit or industry)
- Must be entitled or entitled to work in Jersey
- Proven work experience in internal finance operations
- Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial tools)
- Familiarity with accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks, Xero, NetSuite) is preferred
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills