In-house Fund Operations AccountantApply for this job
Our client is a large global investment fund with a small office in Jersey. They are looking to recruit a 1-4 year post qualified accountant to work in their Fund Operations team.
You will sit within the accounting and operations team as a qualified ACA/ACCA and will interact with the investment team, compliance, legal and operations - and play a pivotal role to the whole of the office.
If you are a highly motivated 1-4 Post Qualified accountant at the beginning of your career, who is keen to work in-house at a fund in investment management then this is a stand out role in Jersey.
You could already have fund operations experience from another fund or family office or perhaps you have a pure audit background.
In return our client offers a competitive package, and a supportive working environment where professional and personal development of all employees is encouraged.
- Handling the trading process with third-parties & managing broker communications
- Monitor daily cash and position reconciliations and timely receipt of cash flows
- Complete weekly and monthly reviews of the valuations prepared by the fund administrator
- Reviewing NAVs
- Reconciling broker balances and administering back-up documentation
- Placing trades with brokers, updating database and documenting
- Record compliance related matters
- Liaising with transfer agents
- Daily reports to the Malta Stock Exchange
- Producing third party and management reports
- Maintaining relationships with Investors, Investment Advisors/Managers, Banks, Brokers and Auditors
- Working with Investor Relations, Investment Management department and other departments as required
- Administration and monitoring of third parties in relation to Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- The role provides room for forward thinking and flexibility to improve upon existing processes and routines
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1-4 year post qualified accountant
- Fund operations experience from another fund or family office or a pure audit background
- Intermediate to advanced level Microsoft Excel skill
- Strong aptitude for numbers and accuracy
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent proficiency in English, verbal and written
- Independent, self-motivated, problem solver who enjoys working in a team